OR Community Climate Investments Program Comments
On January 23, 2023 Geos Institute submitted comments to the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality regarding their Community Climate Investments Program. The OR DEQ issued a Request for Information to gain insights for how to best structure this program. The comments submitted by the Geos Institute included
- Recommending awarded entities demonstrate strong connections to environmental justice organizations in the communities they will serve;
- Flexibility in project types;
- Seeking out projects with co-benefits and those that address other community concerns;
- Supporting organizations with the administrative tasks of the program;
- Promoting innovative partnerships
Read the full comments here.
Join the Cornerstone Network
Sign up with a monthly donation and become part of our Cornerstone Network. Network members recieve the messages posted here first, delivered directly to your inbox. Your ongoing support is the foundation of our work.