Roads and Roadless Areas
Scientific publications authored or edited by Geos Institute staff.
- National Forest Roadless Areas and Clean Water
- Roadless areas and clean water
- Hope in an Era of Climate Change; Roadless Areas in National Forests
- Insects and Roadless Forests; A Scientific Review of Causes, Consequences and Management Alternatives (March 2010)
- Colorado Scientists’ Comments on July 28, 2009 version of proposed Colorado Roadless Rule
- A Letter from More Than 500 Scientists Urging the President to Fully Support the 2001 Roadless Area Conservation Rule (April, 2010)
- Importance of Roadless Areas in Biodiversity Conservation in Forested Ecosystems: Case Study of the Klamath-Siskiyou Ecoregion of the United States (December 2001; Conservation Biology 15(6): 1742-1754)
- Historical Economic Performance of Oregon and Western Counties Associated with Roadless and Wilderness Areas (August 2000)
Join the Cornerstone Network
Sign up with a monthly donation and become part of our Cornerstone Network. Network members recieve the messages posted here first, delivered directly to your inbox. Your ongoing support is the foundation of our work.