Helping small to medium sized communities create climate resilience plans with an assisted “Do-It-Yourself” approach:
The Practical Guide to Building Climate Resilience
The core element of the Climate Ready Communities program is the comprehensive Practical Guide to Building Climate Resilience. This Guide is structured as a task by task, step by step framework that includes many on-the-ground ideas and free resources for implementing each task. This framework is based on the Whole Community Resilience approach that the ClimateWise team has developed over its years of experience helping communities.
The Guide is available at no cost, making it accessible to all communities regardless of size or budget.
For those communities that want additional support and resources when using the Guide, we offer a 2-year Support Package:
- Access to downloadable templates for many of the Tasks under each Step in the Guide
- Video tutorials for key concepts in the Guide
- Access to a library of climate resilience webinars
- A 1 hour get-acquainted phone call with Geos Institute staff
- Access to a subscriber portal
- An online forum for communications between subscriber communities and with the Geos Institute
- Allows users to track progress as they move through steps and tasks
Other Services may be used to supplement the Guide and the Support Package or may be used independently.
- Blocks of consulting time
- Local climate change projections
- On-site facilitation, with optional documentation of workshop results
- Webinars on climate and resilience-related topics
- Final report writing