Does your community:
- want to develop a resilience plan and integrate climate change into community planning processes?
- have uncertainty about how or where to start?
- aim to complete its plan within 12-18 months?
- have minimal funding to start?
- have diverse political perspectives regarding climate change?
If the answer is yes to any of these questions, please see information about the Climate Ready Communities program and apply to be a pilot community.
Climate Resilience Subscription Service
Building on its ClimateWise® consulting program, the Geos Institute is launching the Climate Ready Communities subscription service to bring Whole Community Resilience to local governments by utilizing an assisted “Do-It-Yourself” approach.
- Subscription service launch announcement: October 2017
- Applications accepted: Oct 22, 2017 – Jan 31, 2018
- Announcement of selected pilot communities: Feb 15, 2018
- Deadline for pilot community payment or purchase order commitment: March 10, 2018
- Pilot program begins: March 2018
Download the Pilot Program Application
Download the Climate Ready Communities Program flyer
Visit the Climate Ready Communities website for more information
"The Climate Ready Communities program is off to a great start. I was one of the Pre-beta reviewers for this program in Sept 2017, and was impressed by the breadth and detail of the information provided in the Guide. The Geos Institute's Whole Community climate resilience framework provides a systems approach that a community can actually use and the Guide covers a range of useful topics from community engagement to developing a task force. The tutorials, templates and website will help a community like ours navigate the resilience building process. We look forward to working with the Geos Institute team in the Beta and commercial Pilot stages of their roll-out."
Dena Winslow, tribal planner and grant writer, Aroostook Band of MicMacs, Presque Isle, ME
"We were excited to participate in the pre-beta review of the Climate Ready Communities program, given the great experience we had working with the Geos Institute on our initial climate resilience planning several years ago. We had a team from my non-profit organization, the city, and county do the review, and we felt the program material was on track to be very useful for communities like ours. Their comprehensive approach shows that they really understand what it is like to do this work in the real world and the templates and tutorials in their subscription service make their 7 Step climate resilience framework accessible for local government and partners. We look forward to the public launch of the program - the more climate resilient communities the better!"
Amy Cilimburg, Executive Director, Climate Smart Missoula
Contact Christina with subscription service inquiries